Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Emily's Yellow Jacket Sting
Last Wednesday at about 10:00am, I noticed a bright red, raised rash the size of the inner circle seen below. By early afternoon, it had expanded to the size of the outer circle, and had taken on a bulls-eye appearance. We called her pediatrician, and they had us come in the next day. Her doctor had the day off, but his partner said it was a Yellow Jacket (or other bee) sting. The pictures below were taken after the worst of it passed. Josh and I were getting concerned it could be a Brown Recluse Spider bite or Lyme Disease, due to the way it looked. Emily never complained about a bee sting... but, we had found a few dead bees in our house the two days prior to noticing the rash, and the night before she woke up crying in the early AM hours... so I'm thinking maybe one stung her in her sleep... anyway, Emily was adamant about calling her Grammy when we left the doctor's office to get some sympathy... and got it, of course! :) Then I took her by McDonald's for a Happy Meal to help make it better! Poor girl!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment