Saturday, December 6, 2008

Emily is Potty-Trained!!!

Okay, so this is overdue (she's been trained for a few weeks), but I forgot to share this momentous occasion, and if you are reading this, I guess you are at my parent-bragging-about-their-kid's-pooping habits mercy! :)

Emily has been officially potty-trained since a week before her 4th birthday, and we are so proud! I'm confident she would have been trained a lot sooner, had her daddy and I not started her so early (18 months), then stopped and started a million times since (basically, had we ever gotten serious about it)!

We actually have Grammy and Grampy to thank in large part--- they had Emily almost trained two separate times, then gave her back to us, and it all went downhill from there!

On Grammy's last visit (at the end of October), she started training Emily ONCE AGAIN, and I vowed to myself when she left that I would stick with it, seriously! Once I did that, it was a snap. Emily was beyond ready!

Okay, so you would think that as a stay-at-home mom, I would have an easy time potty-training (more time to devote to it, in theory, etc.). But, the problem is, I feel like I'm not your "normal" stay-at-home mom... I'm an involved pastor's wife, who has also moved five times in less than seven years of marriage... three of those moves occuring since my daughter's been born... and have served with my husband in five different churches. So, my point is, I refuse to beat myself up over not doing the potty-training thing perfectly! :)

CONGRATULATIONS, EMILY!!! :)

No comments: