Thursday, December 18, 2008

Our Little PK (Pastor's Kid)!

Okay, so Emily is definitely a pastor's kid!

Today, I brought her to the church because Josh asked me to come and meet the sign man with him (we are getting a new church sign, and we are in the planning, designing, and negotiating stages). The man was going to be bringing sketches we'd asked him to make up, etc.

So, anyway, I brought Emily, and on the way over prepped her about how she would have to stay and play in the church nursery, because I was going to be in a meeting with a man and Daddy. To my surprise, SHE DID! I had to count to three to get her to go/stay in, but then she did, beautifully!

Until she called out a while later, "I peed in my pants"!

I forgot to tell her she could come out to use the potty. WHOOPS!

After cleaning her up (which involved stripping her down to just her shirt and a pull-up I had stashed in the nursery ages ago, since I had no extra clothes), I went back into Josh's office (had to count to three again), and we resumed our meeting. When I left, I saw she had been coloring and, of course, playing with every toy in the nursery.

So, here's what makes her the perfect PK...

When I went in to get her a little later, she showed me the art projects she had done in my absence! My child had gotten the kid scissors, a glue stick, construction paper, and crayons and cotton balls and made pieces of artwork for her two best friends (Carlie Claire and Ani) and herself!

WHAT IN THE WORLD?? :)

It was the cutest thing! It was like, having spent so much time at the church and in her little classes and everything else, she just went on about her little business as if it was churchtime and the teacher had told her what to do!

That's my girl!! (Now, I know what you're thinking--- What a horrible lack of supervision; what if she'd gotten hurt? Well, I'm choosing not to think about that scary possibility!!! And if you're a pastor's wife, you probably know that, unfortunately, your kid spends a lot of time at the church without proper supervision!) :)

No comments: