Well, Emily and I will be off to get fresh haircuts for Uncle Jon's wedding in a few minutes (Daddy will hopefully be meeting us there to get one, too, if he gets out of a meeting in time)...
This morning, as I have been going about my normal routine, I have just basked in the wonderful-ness (my word!) of being a mother. I am always grateful for Emily, but some days it just strikes me in such an overwhelming way!
Today after she ate a good lunch, we had "Barbie" fruit snacks together. She shared hers so we could have the same shapes.
When we took our shower this morning (lately she and I have been taking one together a lot of mornings to simplify things and save time) and were drying off, she wanted her hair up in a towel "like Mama's".
When Josh and I woke her up this morning (we fight over who gets to wake her up and try to beat each other to her room, because she is so happy and sweet in the morning!), she stretched and wriggled and yawned, and told us we couldn't kiss her yet... then let us each know when she was ready. :)
Right now, she's playing happily in her room, with that big imagination she has--- and it is precious to hear her mothering her dolls!
Thank you, God, for my daughter.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment