Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

We just got home from our church New Year's Eve party a few minutes ago (1:30am) and I am, of course, exhausted yet wide awake! :)

It was a wonderful night full of food, games, and fireworks... and ended with a very special time of Communion and reflection and prayer for the new year.

We had a great turn-out for the evening, and had 35 adults/youth and 3 children stay until the very end to take Communion.

God has blessed us with such a special group of people.

Earlier today, Josh, Emily and I went to the movies and saw "Marley and Me"--- a wonderful, heartwarming movie. We wrapped up the afternoon with lunch at Chick-Fil-A, where Emily had a ball playing with the other kids.

It was a great start to the new year! Hope your day was, too!

We are so grateful to have all of our friends and family!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

143dskHello Miss Bryanne - Aunt Barb here just catching up on your posts and checking in on the Lane Family. Glad you ahd a great New Year as we did here but we were not up nearly as late as you. Uncle Don leaves for FL tomorrow and looks forward to seeing you n the 10th. I am excited we will all be together for Jon and Kim's wedding!!! Should be a great time. Much love to all of you. Aunt Barb

Unknown said...

Sorry for th 143dsk - I was trying to remember my password and I guess I typed the wrong one in the wrong place!!! It is really hard to get OLD!!

Love to all the Lanes - especially big kisses from Brutus