Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Happy Birthday, Grampy!








Today is my Daddy's birthday... what would have been his 60th birthday, and is instead his first birthday in Heaven.
My heart is heavy, and sweet memories are mingled with awful pain and longing.

My mom and brother Nick took flowers to his grave today, along with four balloons to represent me, my mom, Nick, and my brother Jon. I am so glad they did.
I asked Josh to take today off, and he, Emily and I spent the day together doing a couple of Grampy's favorite things and thinking about him. We went to a movie and ate dinner at Outback Steakhouse, and then picked up a cake on the way home. Emily wanted to have a John Deere themed party for Grampy, so we topped the cake with one of her John Deere toys. That was really special. We chose The Gator since Grampy loved to ride his Gator! :) When we were getting ready to have the cake, Emily said, "We're going to sing Happy Birthday to Grampy at Jesus' house!" (Meaning Grampy was at Jesus' house for his birthday). I said, "That's right, Baby, he's at Jesus' House!" I'm proud of myself for not bursting into tears right then!!

Grampy, we love you!!!!

No comments: