Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Remembering Grampy at Emily's Dedication

We dedicated Emily to the Lord on March 6, 2005, just four days after her first heart procedure. It was such a sacred and special time, and we were full of thanksgiving for what God had already done in her little life. Grampy was there, along with Grammy (who made her exquisite gown!) and Emily's Uncle Jeremy (Josh's brother). Looking at these pictures tonight floods my soul with such wonderful memories!

Here is Emily, Daddy, and Pastor Clark, who dedicated her.

Grammy shows off the gown she lovingly made for Emily. I wish this picture showed all the detail! It was hand-smocked and just so beautiful!

Mama and Emily


Our precious Emily Catherine with her Daddy



Stretching hands toward Emily during the prayer over her. Grampy is so proud! :)
Josh and I gave Emily a little book of prayers that day, and Grammy and Grampy gave her a special pin she wore on her gown. In the book, Josh inscribed:
"My Heart, today your Mom and I gave you back to the One that gave you to us. We put you back completely in His hands. I am so proud of you. I will never forget how you looked around smiling at everybody. We both love you so much and promise to do our best to show you Christ."
How absolutely perfect.




No comments: