Okay, so I think every kid does this at some point, but I was still shocked!
All weekend, whenever she's had the chance, Emily has been working on her "projects"--- a name she came up with to describe the act of coloring pages in her Cinderella coloring book and then cutting them out very carefully around the shape of the characters with her little safety scissors. She has been doing this primarily in my bedroom.
Well, this morning, after getting off the phone with my Mom (Emily had been in and out of the living room where I was during the call), I went to my bedroom and happened to see a curly lock of hair on the floor. I recognized it immediately, and picking it up confirmed my fear--- Emily had cut her hair! Panicking, I looked around for other evidence, and was relieved to find that it was the only piece. I then proceeded to call Emily to come into the room, and the conversation went like this:
Me: "Emily, what is this?"
Emily: "I don't know."
Me: "Emily, did you cut your hair?"
Emily: "I don't know."
Me: "Emily, tell me the truth. Did you use your scissors to cut your hair?"
Emily: "I don't know."
We were really getting somewhere here...
Me: "Emily, it would have been better if you would have told me the truth. I'm taking away your scissors and you can't do your projects for a while."
Emily: Cries.
She soon admitted she did it. I made her go a little while without her scissors/projects, then gave them back and told her if she ever cut her hair again, the scissors were going in the trash. I told her I knew she was probably just curious (she LOVES going to the hairdresser and getting her hair cut!), but God gave her her hair, and she could not just decide to cut it herself. Needless to say, my wisdom was a little on the fly (spur of the moment), since I hadn't had time to prepare. :) (By the way, the lock of hair was saved for her Baby Book, of course, with a note describing the crime!)
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment