On Monday morning, Emily will start Preschool with Mama!
Both Emily and I can barely contain our excitement!
I have done a lot of research and also consulted a good friend (thanks, Sarah!) and the main curriculum I will be using is called "Five in a Row". Interested grandparents may go to their website to learn more :) :
http://www.fiarhq.com/
This curriculum will be our main source for Social Studies, Language Arts, Art, Applied Math, and Science.
I will supplement with things of my choosing, as well as teach Emily Bible, Phonics/Reading and Handwriting.
I will not begin her formal math education yet... but, when Grammy comes to visit, she will be expected to give mini-lessons! :)
Grandparents (and Aunts and Uncles), we would love for you to know what Emily is learning and will post things here to keep you updated. Also, expect samples in the mail as we go along! :)
The Five in a Row curriculum is a literature-based curriculum, and we will probably spend the recommended one week on each book (unit). Our first book is The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack and Kurt Wiese. Grandparents, etc. if you would like to get involved with our first unit, please e-mail or post a question about China, the Chinese people, ducks, or drawing water that you would like Emily to find out the answer to, as these are some of the things we will be learning about. You will then get a special piece of snail mail from Emily answering your question! I think this will be very fun for her. :)
Stay tuned for pictures of Emily after we went school-supply shopping this past Monday!
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So excited for you! You will love FIAR! Have Fun!
Sarah
Post a Comment