Hi, Everyone.
This is an update I don't want to write, so bear with me.
We went for our ultrasound yesterday (our 7th wedding anniversary, of all days!), and my gestational sac measured six weeks and four days (had grown appropriately), but they still could not find a yolk sac.
Dr. Nelson declared it a Blighted Ovum, a type of miscarriage in which there is a problem with either the sperm or the egg, and the baby does not develop like it should.
She gave us a few choices: I could have a D & C yesterday afternoon; have one later in the week; or give my body a chance to miscarry naturally sometime this week (and if the bleeding became too heavy, I would go to the ER and they would do a D & C), and if I didn't miscarry on my own, have a D & C probably next week.
Josh asked if we could have one more ultrasound next week, and she said certainly, for our peace of mind, and she respected that.
So, next Monday at 11:30am we go for our final ultrasound. Josh and I just want to be sure they are right before we let them do a D & C. We don't ever want to have to wonder.
Our hearts are broken, and we would like to ask our family and friends to pray for us. We wanted this baby so badly.
It still feels unreal, and we need God's comfort and peace. We trust He is carrying out His will, even though we don't understand it, and probably never will this side of Heaven.
Thank you for loving us! And also please pray for us to have wisdom in how to explain it to Emily (who doesn't know anything is wrong yet).
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Bry,
Know that you are in my prayers. I can't imagine what you are going through. Let me know if I can do anything.
I love you.
Laura
Post a Comment